outfit of the day/ giving yourself some "love"

The only thing I feel that I have achieved today (apart from a mediocre poetry assignment) is wearing an outfit that I felt pretty happy in. I noticed recently that, since I've been at uni I've been making a lot less effort when it comes to looking after myself and my appearance. I think it's partly because I've had other things on my mind but it doesn't make me feel good. Making an effort to look after yourself and to put a little bit of effort in to your outfits is one way of giving yourself a bit of love. I know that not all people feel this way about clothes but I definitely do to an extent. So without further ado let's marvel at my success in dressing myself. 


DISCLAIMER: I'm sorry if my messy sink offends you D:
Putting on a skirt always makes me feel really good about myself. I also find tights and skirts so much more fun and comfy than jeans. Me and jeans don't really get along.




I'm not very good at "selfies" but this is my makeup. I'm wearing purple eyeliner and a dusky pink lipstick which I really like :)

I realise that starting a new blog with photos of yourself may seem a bit "brave" but I've put myself on the internet a substantial amount before. I have no shame haha. But, anyway, I think giving ourselves some love and attention is important no matter how you choose to do it. I'm also a fan of a nice walk, a long shower and of course edible treats! I find it interesting hearing about the various ways people like to look after themselves (I've just changed my phrasing as I realise "give yourself some love" sounds like a euphemism). So, if anyone feels like sharing what you like to do for yourself then please do! 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

2016 Resolutions

All Writers Steal: Top 6 Books That Influence My Writing