The Perks of Being a Wallflower Thoughts

I keep trying to blog about more serious things (in an optimistic way) today but, as I'm feeling sad today*, I'm just not in the right mind set. So instead I'm gonna talk about the book and the film adaption of The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky because they are both incredible. Here goes...

The Book 



I read the book really fast on long train rides last week. I know, I know I'm super late to the bandwagon but that's not unusual for me. But wow. This book is astonishingly beautiful and just so real. Chbosky portrays the beauty of joy and the pain of sorrow honestly and purely. The book was also really readable which proves that language does not have to be complicated to be meaningful, sophisticated and impactful. Just... all I have to say is that no matter who you are, this book is so important and I highly highly recommend.

The Film


Wow, the film did not disappoint and I suppose this is because it was directed by Stephen Chbosky himself. The acting was truthful and heartbreaking. Logan Lerman, Emma Watson and Ezra Miller are awesome. The soundtrack is also great and I've been listening to it a fair bit since rewatching the film last week. Overall the film was beautiful, sad and life affirming. This hasn't been a review. These have been my muddled thoughts. You're welcome.

*I'm only just posting this but I wrote it last week. I was sad last week. I feel good today. I don't know why I feel the need to clarify.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2016 Resolutions

The Ups And Downs of Being Bisexual #BiVisibilityDay

outfit of the day/ giving yourself some "love"