Stuck in a Rut

I'm stuck in a rut. All day I've been trying to write blogs, work on my novel, plan videos and I haven't got anywhere. Whenever I get an idea I over think whether it would make a better blog or a better video. And, as for other creative writing. I just have a block.



I get this all the time, to be honest. Things keep stopping me creating. The last two weeks, the main things stopping me have been the avoidance of various other things such as going to the doctors, sending emails and being unable to solve internal conflicts. I feel too guilty/preoccupied about avoiding these tasks to create. I'm being very vague, I know.

Another reason I find myself unable to create is because I obsess over why it matters so much to me. Why do I want to blog? What do I have to say that's so valuable? Is there really any point? Does it just provide me with an illusion of progress and achievement?

So, apparently, the solution I came up with was to blog about the things that stop me blogging; feeling stuck in a rut and creatively blocked. It's a very frustrating feeling, especially if you put a lot of pressure on yourself, like I do.

I'm sorry if this seems extremely negative to you. I actually feel okay today but these thought processes really do get me down sometimes. And the less I can create, the less confident I am to create. But I'm sure I'll overcome this somehow.

I'm fully aware that I have created this creative block and I have trapped myself in my own rut. But it's not that easy overcoming your own brain. I'm sure many people must experience something similar to this.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2016 Resolutions

The Ups And Downs of Being Bisexual #BiVisibilityDay

outfit of the day/ giving yourself some "love"